Nominatim (from the Latin, 'by name') is a tool to search OSM data by name and address and to generate synthetic addresses of OSM points (reverse geocoding). It has also limited capability to search features by their type (pubs, hotels, churches, etc).
This guide comes in five parts:
- API reference for users of Nominatim
- Administration Guide for those who want to install their own Nominatim server
- Customization Guide for those who want to adapt their own installation to their special requirements
- Library Guide for Python developers who want to use Nominatim as a library in their project
- Developer's Guide for developers of the software