Supporting Nominatim Development
Thank you for your interest in supporting Nominatim. Your support helps to ensure that the software is improved regularly and has a faster pace of development. Your financial contributions are used to
- maintain, improve and modernize the code base
- look after the issue tracker and fix bugs
- promote Nominatim and extend the developer community
- add new features
You can make a one-time donation or become a regular supporter.
With a regular contribution you can ensure that development is sustainable over a long term. You can set up monthly contributions via Github Sponsors.
You can also regularly support development through a support contract. Purchase a monthly quota of hours you can use to ask questions about your own installation or the software in general. Any unused hours go in full into maintaining and improving Nominatim.
Funding of specific features
There are some items on the wish list for Nominatim that would fit well into the software but are not a priority for its use as a search engine on the OpenStreetMap website. Here is a non-exhaustive list:
- include external house number data, e.g. from OpenAddresses
- running Nominatim on a shared database with a Mapnik renderer
- running Nominatim imports and updates without supervisor rights
- custom API output, including support for OpenCage’s address formatting
If you are interested in funding one of these features or have other features that you require for your use of Nominatim, please get in contact at email@example.com.
We thank the following companies for their support of parts of the Nominatim development: