We are happy to announce a new release 4.1.1 of Nominatim. This is a bugfix release which resolves some smaller issues around updates of databases and search.
This release collects a number of smaller bugfixes:
- fix minimum number of retrieved results to be at least 10
- fix search for combinations of special term + name (e.g Hotel Bellevue)
- do not return interpolations without a parent street on reverse search
- improve invalidation of linked places on updates
- fix address parsing for interpolation lines
- make sure socket timeouts are respected during replication (working around a bug in some versions of pyosmium)
Updating from any version between 3.6.x and 4.1.x to the new release is straightforward. Please follow the instructions from the migration guide.
Fixing a potential failure during updates
Please note that this release also fixes a potential crash of the update
process when handling
addr:interpolation updates with an illegal value. If
you see an error message like this while running updates:
psycopg2.errors.InvalidTextRepresentation: invalid input syntax for type smallint: "12-2"
then some illegal data has found its way into your database. You need to first remove the bad data by running the following SQL command (using psql):
DELETE FROM location_property_osmline WHERE address->'interpolation' not in ('odd', 'even', 'all') and not address->'interpolation' similar to '[1-9]'
Then update Nominatim to the latest 4.1.1 version and restart updates.